Welcome everyone,
Pickles here! Thanks for stopping by for peek. If you have a minute peek a little further to read who I am and what is going on here at Pickled Pink Dezigns.
Who is this crazy girl who calls her self pickles? Well, let me start by saying I am the daughter of a King! Yep, King Jesus! Next, I am a wife, mother, grandma and an RN. These are my most precious titles and I couldn't be more blessed! But, here on this site I am all of the above and am also pickled pink to add to my list the title of Scrapbooker / Faithbooker. I have been scrapping for 15 years and am now in the process of opening up a small store in my little corner of the Ozarks. I have given classes, held workshops and crops you name it ! I have loved every minute of it and have received so many blessings through my love for scrapbooking that I feel it time to take these blessings and use them to be a blessing to others! I am new to this blogging thing, but I'm sure with God's help and a little hard work I will be able to tackle this new venture in time. After all " I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"! Phil 4:13
Alrighty now, I bet your wondering, Why I'm called Pickles? HeeHee. Hmm, well it all started at the home of the BEST fried pickles ever! You see, I am a fried pickle freak and a Dixie chic! (no silly, not the group) just raised in the south and proud of it!! Each year we take a trip home to see family. Just outside Hattiesburg Mississippi , "Bumpers" the home of the most amazing mouth watering pickles is always a pit stop on our journey. I always get so excited when we start getting close, even my Mr. Wonderful knows a pickle stop is always in his best interest!! LOL!
This time we had not been home in 2 years and our life was very badly in need of some southern comfort, you know the "toes in the water, heels in the sand kind? Oh and a pickle!! Well as we were getting close there it was, the black and white checkered sign "BUMPERS"! the rest you can guess!! I got so excited when the carhop brought out "The Pickles"! I was truly enjoying the moment as evident by the facial gestures and yum yums coming out of my full cheeks, when my sweetie yells, "say PICKLES" as he snaps a scrapbook moment. Hee hee (yes ladies I have him trained well!) He then proceeds to tease me. Saying 'you are so ate up with fried pickles your gonna turn into one!! Thus, the nickname pickles!!
I know your probably laughing and rolling by now thinking quietly to yourself "she's nuts" but HEY, everyone has a fetish or two right? Well, you know what my first one is and now my second just happens to be, yep you guessed it "SCRAPBOOKING"! So with that said lets get down to the rest of the scoop.
My reason for blogging? As I said before my scrapbooking journey has brought so many blessings that first and foremost I want to share Gods blessings and inspiration with all I come in contact with. Be it in person or via Internet. How you ask? By inspiring you to be as creative as you can be while creating books that tell your story, creating friendships, that will last a life time as well as introducing you to a method of scrapping that puts God in all you do! You see a wonderful Christian lady inspired me in the beginning and God says to pay it forward. I hope that all who enter here will be able to see the Master at work in all that we do and create. I look forward to chatting with all of you and seeing what you do with what you learn. I pray that each of you will find a Pickled Pink Blessing and a little pickled laugh or two every time you stop by!
Keep checking back, new things will be added daily, such as , demo's, workshop and crop dates, faithbooking ideas, challenges, contests and store sales and product information. We are gonna have a GREAT time. Thanks so much for stopping by and may God Bless all who enter here,
HUGGS,
Pickles