What is faith booking?
Here are some common definitions I found when I first started:
A means to express our faith.
An eternal legacy for our children.
A witnessing tool.
A permanent reminder of our God Moments and His hand in our lives.
But to make it all easy faith booking is just a way of including those God moments in our scrapbooks.
How you ask? It’s simple by adding a few little extras like scripture, thoughts, blessings, etc. along with our pictures to always remember our personal and spiritual journey with our most high. I mean, we scrappers have been creating albums that tell our stories for years but how many of us have remembered to journal about what God has done? Beloved, some of my most memorable moments have been Gods hands at work in my life and the life of my family!
Why should I start faith booking you ask? Well in reading an article by Dawn Stegall, she reminds us that “believe it or not because we are commanded to“! Commanded to? OK, I know what you are probably thinking, because I thought the same thing! God doesn’t actually mention faith book and scrapbook, but he did command us to remember and share him with others! In reading your bible you will find Gods voice whispering page after page, to remember, remember my words and write them down, Dt 6:9. Remember the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord. Psalm 78:4 remember, remember, remember. We are also instructed to teach. Teach them to your children…Dt. 6:7 So with that said what better way to do this than to faith book? After all how many people will you come into contact with that will be looking at your albums. How many crops will you attend where simple conversation about what you are working on could very well lead someone to Christ. I bet you never thought about that!
How do I start and when? Well it’s simple really, if you are already a scrap booker, don’t wait to finish your current scrapbook album to start, you just need to simply start adding scripture and verses to capture the theme of the layout and then progress into journaling more if you so choose. Remember, faith booking and scrap booking are NOT two separate projects they are one in the same! If you are NOT already a scrap booker/faith booker then now is the time to gather some simple supplies and get started.
If scrap booking is not your thing, then consider keeping a diary or journal. Express your feelings on paper or onto a CD and then share the portions you want with others as you feel led. Remember there is no right or wrong way to faith book. Its just a matter of leaving a legacy of God moments for the next generation!
I will be posting more ideas, links and ways to faithbook on the blog so keep popping in!